Британского солдата дважды спасло его снаряжение.

все что не попало в предыдущие разделы
Saba
Команда: 1RGR

Британского солдата дважды спасло его снаряжение.

Post by Saba »

Lance Corporal Denis Larubi, from 2nd Battalion the Mercian Regiment (2 MERCIAN) was twice shot at by insurgents while on sentry duty at Checkpoint Langar in Nahr-e Saraj North.

The first shot struck ballistic glass in the guard tower right in front of his face, but could not penetrate the toughened window.

The next day he was shot at again, but this time the shot ricocheted off his weapon and hit the shoulder of his body armour.

The insurgent shooter was spotted using deserted compounds to conceal his movements, but he was tracked by surveillance assets and was later targeted by a precision strike.

Denis, known as ‘Rubes’ by his colleagues, said the shot that hit his body armour had thrown him to the floor as he was on guard duty with colleague Private Wayne Bass.

The 30-year-old, who lives with his partner and their daughter at the 2 MERCIAN barracks from Holyrood, Belfast, said the round had thrown him to the floor after it ricocheted off his weapon and hit the armour.
He said:

“I felt like the world had fallen from under me. One of the medics rushed up the tower to check on us and found me seated against the wall, pretty shaken, but fully aware of my surroundings.

“I saw a splash of fluid and thought it was blood. But we found that the bullet had hit the handle of my sights that I had been looking through at the time, splintered off a shard of plastic, which pierced my drink container, which was where the fluid had come from. The bullet had then ricocheted and hit me on the left shoulder.

“I could not have asked for more when it came to the support I received from the rest of the platoon, and thank God for decent equipment.”

Private Wayne Bass, who had climbed up to the guard tower said:

“I swore that the fluid that hit me was Rube’s blood so I immediately grabbed the medical kit to begin treatment. It was as if I was on autopilot. I was so relieved when I examined him and realised it was actually only water.”

Platoon commander Captain Andy Bell said:

“Larubi is always cheerful and happy to help with everything, with a real laid-back attitude – he takes things in his stride. He is also a very experienced soldier, with this being his third tour of Afghanistan.

“This was definitely a close shave, but he dealt with it in his usual laid-back style.”

Denis was born in Uganda and has served with 2nd Battalion the Mercian Regiment (Worcester & Sherwood Foresters) since March 2006 as part of the Reconnaissance Platoon.
Пост по смыслу интересный, Джентс прошу перевести более четко на русский язык, а то еще зеленый в этом деле. :yes_sir:

beseda2004
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Британского солдата дважды спасло его снаряжение.

Post by beseda2004 »

Лэнс Копрал Денис Ларуби из второго батальона the Mercian Regiment (2 MERCIAN) был подстрелен дважды повстанцами неся службу на посту Лангар в Северном Нахр-е-Сарае.

Первый выстрел попал в баллистическое стекло в охранной башне прямо напротив его лица, но не смог пробить усиленное окно.

На следующий день он был подстрелен еще раз, но в этот раз пуля отрикошетила от его оружия и попала в плече его бронижилета.

Повстанец был замечен передвигаясь по пустынным оградам, но был взят на «мушку» и позже уничтожен.

Денис, известный как «Rubes» среди своих коллег, сказал, что пуля попавшая в бронижилет швырнула его на пол, когда он был на посту со своим коллегой Рядовым Вэйном Бассом.

Тридцатилетний, живущий со своими родителями и их дочкой в казармах 2 MERCIAN из Холируда в Белфасте, сказал, что пуля швырнула его на пол после того, как отрикошетила от винтовки в бронижилет.

Он сказал:
«Я почувствовал что мир начал падать подо мной. Один из медиков побежал на башню, проверить нас и увидел меня сидящего возле стены, потрясенного, но находять в сознании.»

«Я увидел, что что то разлилось и подумал, что это кровь. Но позже мы обнаружили, что пуля попала в мой прицел, через который я в тот момент смотрел, отбила кусок острого пластика, который порезал мою флягу из которой и вылась жидкость. После этого, пуля отрикошетила мне в бронижилет»

«Я не мог бы просить о большей заботе от своего взвода, и спасибо господи, за хорошую экипировку»

Рядовой Вэйн Басс, который залез на башню, сказал:
«Я мог поклястся, что жидкость которая попала на меня была кровью Руба, так что я сразу достал аптечку, что бы его спасти. Это произошло на автопилоте. Но я все понял, когда осмотрел его и понял, что это всего лишь вода.»

Комвзода, Капитан Анди Бэлл, сказал:
«Ларуби никогда не грустит и всего рад помочь с чем угодно, с его непринужденным отношением он просто помогает всем по ходу дела. Он так же очень опытный солдат, это его третий тур в Афган.

«Это была действительно близкая к опасности ситуация, но он справился с ней своим обычным непринужденным отношением»
Денис родился в Уганде и служил во втором батальоне the Mercian Regiment (Worcester & Sherwood Foresters с марта 2006 года в the Reconnaissance Platoon.

ace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Команда: 22SAS D sqn, MSK

Post by ace »

Родители тоже в казармах живут? ;)
"partner" is not equal "parent"

beseda2004
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by beseda2004 »

:lol:
Да, пардон, переводил неглядя, таки партнер и дочка)

Return to “Different \ Разное”