Вся правда=)

JazZy
Holy troll
Команда: STORM 40RMC

Вся правда=)

Post by JazZy »

На днях познакомился с британцем, прослужил 15 лет в Бра 10 лет в артилерии и 5 лет в логистике
Его медальки.
фотку мужика выкладывать не буду.
В данной теме буду постить мой чат с ним.
В данной теме ничего не писать!!!! Для обсуждения используйте другую тему. Флуд будет стёрт!!
Q -Fine, thanx...i'm reenactor i and my friends are playing airsoft and trying to learn traditions of british army=) Can u share some information?
A - well, i could answer any questions you have! I served 16 years in the Artillery and then the logistic corps.
Q - wow...amazing! great respect for you job! i have such question...are marines, troopers, privates,rangers, l-cp, cpl, sergeants, colour Sergeants, wo2, wo1, issued pistols?
If no, can they buy pistols by themselves?
A - No soldiers can buy weapons of any kind. We are issued with them from armouries. All ranks are issued with the SA80 except officers, who can select Browning 9mm.
Q - As well does British squaddie wear knee pads with dpm trousers? if yes how do they wear them? under trousers or on the trousers? and when are they wearing knee pads?
A -We don't wear knee pads! Unless we are performing riot duties.
Q - How many mags does squaddie usually take with him? and how many grenades? does squaddie issued with smoke grenades?
A - Infantry are issued with 8 mags, depending on the nature of their mission. All others are issued with 4. Mags hold 30 rounds.
Grenades are issued to infantry, but i don't know how many/
Q- Does every squaddie equiped with marconi bowman?
A- Not every, just the signaller of each 'brick'.
Q - i mean PRR, not the PRC 352
A-PRC 351/2 have been phased out now, I think. I never used Bowman, it came in as I was leaving.
Q- =))) i see, what does mean Gucci for armymen?
A -Ha ha ha ha!
"Gucci" is used to describe any piece of equipment the we think is clever, useful or otherwise cool.
Q- =))Thanx....Can u write down some "gucci" tips?
A -Sure. Never eat yellow snow!
Q- for what purpose soldiers adding to their helmets piece of black rubber band?
A - Ah! When we wear respirators and NBC kit, the helmet straps dont fit on your chin, so the band is used to keep your helmet on in NBC situations.
.Q -usefull tip=) can u look through this kit http://vkontakte.ru/note7875193_9643316
Is there any thing which i need to add?
список -
Smock
Top Left Button Pocket (personal aid pocket)
1 or 2x Emergency Care Bandages (ECB) or First Field Dressings (FFD) (you'll get issued a second on ops, or nick one). If you don't have ECB, carry 2 x elasticised bandages with you as well (somewhere), as these are a far more effective way of applying FFD and direct pressure.
Whistle, looped to buttonhole of top flap
Lip Balm
EARs
Waterproof Matches
Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT).
Morphine autoject, in protective "coffin".
Battlefield Casualty Drills Aide Memoire (Army Code 71638).
Under the top flap, mark your Surname, Zap Number and Blood Group.

Top Right Button Pocket (admin pocket)
Waterproof Notebook
Lots and lots of pencils
Cam cream
Bic Lighter

Left Zip Pocket
Space for empty mags

Right Zip Pocket
Compass (on lanyard)
Racing Spoon
Lighter
TAMs

Bottom Left Button Pocket
Paracord
Trousers
Left Hip Pocket
Left Glove

Right Hip Pocket
Knife (on lanyard)
Right Glove

Left Map Pocket
Nyrex
Map (in mapcase)
Empty Ammo Bag with biscuits, sweets and chocolate in

Right Map Pocket
Map (in mapcase) escape map+ escape button compass

Webbing (from left to right)
Double Ammo 6 mags
Speed loader in between pouches( real)

Water Pouch
Brew Kit
Mess tins with some food and tea food, must be ready to eat
water purnifire

Utility Pouch
Cylumes
Bush Hat or wooly hat
Comms cord on reel
Grenades
loader
spare ammo
2nd radio
hexamine stove

Water pouch
Waterbottle
Metal Mug
Puritabs
hexamine fuel

Double Ammo
Double Ammo 6 mags

Left Side daysack pouch
Sleeping Bag in Bivi bag
Spare 95 trouserrs
Spare 95 Shirt
Spare Socks x 4

right side daysack pouch
Waterproof Suit
NBC suit
Gaiters

escape Daysack attached to the top of field air support pack with yoke
Softy
Bivi building kit
Rations
2nd Waterbottle
Entrenching tool
First aid kit
Soft Hat
spare socks

Main Compartment Bergen
Space for section kit
moscito net
S10 respirator (if not worn)
Moscito net
Rations
Spare Boots
Sniper tape
Bergen Top FlapBoot cleaning kit
rifle cleaning kit
Wash Kit

Notes
All kit is waterproofed
Roll mat attached to outside of bergen
Kevlar attaches to right yoke strap on a '58 pattern clip
There is a length of bungy cord over the rear three pouches on the webbing and a utility strap on the inside.
There is elastic webbing straps all over the webbing on top of pouches, on the yoke and on the straps as well as all over the daysack, on the smock arms, and on both my pairs of field trousers for attachment of scrim.

a -Water "Purifier" is the correct spellin.

S10 should always be on left side of webbing belt, not in your bergan. You have 10 second to put it on in an NBC alarm, you won't make it if it's in your bergan.

Your list is very comprehensive, but I would say that few soldier actually carry so much kit in their Smock pockets because it gets in the way when your are shooting in the prone position. FFD has its own pocket on the left arm.

Most of us found the zip pockets more useful for carrying stuff, esp. maps.

Everyone has thier own way though, just remember that your webbing has to carry all you need if you get 'bugged out' and have to leave everything else. I food, ammo, warm kit, NBC. NBC clothes are amazingly warm and waterproof, if you need to use them for that.

I see you picked up a lot of terminology. Esp 'racing spoon'! hahaha!

Q- Is that commonly in the British army to mark own weapon (SA80) with the number? And for which purpose is that for?
A -Yes, all armouries independently number the rifles to assist in cataloguing. Every soldier is responsible for his "Gat" and the quartermaster inspects regularly. This way he knows who to bollock for "grotty Gat admin"

Q -Does British soldiers like to wear gloves? if yes what kind of gloves?
A - Sure, they are essential. We used to have black leather gloves with thick pads on the knuckles, I liked them. Combat 95 gloves are thinner and look rather feminine!

Q- =)))got that..what about insignia does squaddie like or doesn't like to wear them? are they issued or soldiers buying them for their own money? and is that commonly to use name tabs?

A - We are only allowed to wear insignia sanctioned by the brigade. They are part of uniform and so we must all wear then same ones in the same place, for example, the Desert Rats all have the same badge. Again, they are issued.

Q - i mean is that necessary to wear them on the uniform?
A - If you are part of a regiment or brigade that has special insignia, then you must wear it.

Q - How is right to wear combat body armour? over the smock or under the smock?
A - It depends on the Armour, but usually under the smock. Its horrible stuff to wear, heavy and sweaty, Most squaddies buy a special t-shirt, an american brand, to wear under it as it's better than the issues t shirt.

Q - What does soldier buy from food while on the go? What is better not to eat in the rat packs?
A - Well, the rat packs can be improved with spices, most of us took little bottles of Tabasco sauce. The hard tack bran biscuits usually dont get eaten, and sometimes we are told not to eat the chocolate because it's too old. Rations are often kept for up to 10 years, and you get issued the oldest first.

If you are lucky enough to get Arctic rations, wich are freeze dried meals of beef, porck potatoes, beans etc, the are much tastier and more filling, but i only got those a couple of times.

Q -who usually issued with chest rig?
who with P.L.C.E
and who gets an assault vest?
A- Sure, PLCE is standard and it works well enough, But Cot-vests and chest rigs are better for driving vehicles. Tankies wear them a lot. Also, in Northern Ire;land we all wear chest rigs. I used a clip and strap from 58 pattern webbing and sewed it onto the right shoulder strap and slung my rifle from it, that ways it was constantly in a ready position!

Q- Does squaddies buying some stuff for their own money? If yes? what kind of stuff?
What about web-tex manufacture? Is anyone use that sh*t?

A- Web-tex is for sissies....
Issue sleeping bags p58 are big, bulky and heavy, so we buy 'softy' sleeping bags. I still have one!
Otherwise, there is not much else we buy, Combat 95 kit is good enough for most things.
Live from your bergan
Fight from your webbing
Survive from your smock.

JazZy
Holy troll

Re: Вся правда=)

Post by JazZy »

Q- Ben, when soldiers need to wear helmets? When they are allowed to wear beret? Is that true, if soldier get a wound and he was without armour or helmet he wouldn't receive insurance?
A - helmet & armour is worn when ordered, it is not a decision for individuals!

If a solider is injured because he wasn't wearing armour and he was disobeying orders, then it's his fault.
On some operations, like operations for hearts and souls helmet aren't worn.

Q- What kind of t-shirts worn under armour? Can you remember some specific brand?
A -We used to order t-shirts from USA,the brand called Under armour, i guess.

Q- what kind of boots u have used during your service?
A-CS 95, D.M.S. we are issued 2 pairs.
по ходу говорить про эти Image
Live from your bergan
Fight from your webbing
Survive from your smock.

JazZy
Holy troll

Post by JazZy »

Q-Ben in our airsoft community, some poseurs like to buy guns like m16, ak 47? Is that true that this guns are used in forces? I think it's all bullshit. What about SAS, do you know what kind of weapons are they issued?
A-Standard soldiers use conventional UK army weaponary. very rarely, pherps for example when soldiers are on detachment to foreign units, we are able to employ different weapons. I myself have handled the following:

(Individual Weapon) Small Arm 80 5.56 and LMG variant
AK47
Steyer 5.56
L1A1(SLR) (Belgian FN) 7.62
L9 A1Browning 9mm
General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) 7.62
L4 Bren Gun*
L2 A3 Sterling sub machine gun Gun*
L14A1 Carl Gustav Recoilless Rifle
Javelin Anti aircraft missile
HVM anti aircraft missile

There are probably others that i have forgotten! But generally, soldiers have NO choice in the weapon they are issued. SAS guys have a great reange of weapons and munition at thier disposal, but even so I doubt that they get to choose as individuals what they take from the armoury, the chain of command will do that.
Live from your bergan
Fight from your webbing
Survive from your smock.

JazZy
Holy troll

Post by JazZy »

Q - how many mags soldiers putting in each ammo pouch?
A- In each ammo pouch soldier putting 4 mags, as well he putting up there a speed loader and a spare ammo for GPMG.
Live from your bergan
Fight from your webbing
Survive from your smock.

JazZy
Holy troll

Post by JazZy »

Q -And how much each soldier carrying GPMG ammo? where solder carrying cleaning kit?
A - We usually carry a belt each, and it's usually 4:1 Ball/Tracer. The LMG Gunner has bandoliers of ammo held in strips, ready for speed loading. This extra ammo is also distributed about the team. Cleaning kits should be in the utility pouch on the webbing belt.

Q -where soldier get TAMs?
A- Issued by QM, usually to the corporals acting as team leaders.

Q- So not all squaddies know TAMs?
A- Sure, but it's the team leaders responsibility to ensure his teams effectiveness. All soldiers know Basic SOPs Standing Order Procedures, and will be drilled in "Actions On" for given situations in different theatres. Example, Action On shooting contact in Northern Ireland will be different to Action on shooting in Afghanistan.

Ben -
I am impressed with your kit, you have more than most actual squaddies!
Next on your list should be a prismatic marching compass. Now THAT is a Gucci bit of kit! I always wanted one. No one ever dare nick one from the QM as the Whole battery would be punished if one went missing.

Q -got that...http://vkontakte.ru/photo7875193_145093734 this is my gat...is it marked in the right way?
A- It's one way I have seen. There's no standing order on how it is done, so QMs come up with different ways. It's not common to mark both the sight and the weapon too, usually one or the other.
Do you know why we call the Gat's?
Q- cause of children pistols?
A -Ha! You've heard of them? Yeah, little air pistols called Gat. But it's actually and abbreviation from Gatling

Q- what about issue watch? how they look like? who are issued with them?
A- The watches were rare. By my time in the army no one needed one as watches were cheap enough to buy for ourselves. I've seen a few though, issued to people, usually senior NCO's.

Q- =)) now i see what it's all about=)))
How many years you have spend in army?
A - 16 years, boy and man!
What do you know about 10th April? Why is it special?
Q- Battle of Vimy Ridge?
Live from your bergan
Fight from your webbing
Survive from your smock.

Return to “Особенности ношения формы и снаряжения”