SASR in Afghanistan

Фото и видео материалы
zest85
Команда: 2 Cdo, Киев

SASR in Afghanistan

Post by zest85 »

Появилась мысль, что может кому-то захочется сделать этих парней в страйке.
В ЭТОЙ ТЕМЕ ТОЛЬКО СОВРЕМЕНКА ПО АФГАНИСТАНУ!!!
Короче ниже будут фото, подтвержденные Мин обороны Австралии или иными оф источниками Австралии.
Надеюсь, это не будет дрищизм, как с 42 коммандо у мультикаме.

Father-of-two Sergeant Blaine Diddams has been identified as the SASR soldier who died after being shot in the chest by insurgents on Monday. Фото конец 2011, начало 2012. Точнее не скажу.
он же

Jason Brown, 29, a trooper in the Special Air Service Regiment. Brown was shot and killed on 13 August 2010 during a "disruption operation" in northern Kandahar.
Он же, незадолго до гибели. Да, ему тут 29 лет

zest85

Re: SASR in Afghanistan

Post by zest85 »

Mark Gregor Strang Donaldson VC (born 2 April 1979) is the first recipient of the Victoria Cross for Australia, awarded for gallantry, the highest award in the Australian honours system. He is the first Australian recipient of a Victoria Cross since Keith Payne in 1969. Then Trooper Donaldson was a member of the Special Air Service Regiment when he exposed himself to enemy fire to protect injured troops and then rescued an interpreter under heavy enemy fire in the Battle of Khaz Oruzgan during Operation Slipper, the Australian contribution to the War in Afghanistan.
Last edited by zest85 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

zest85

Post by zest85 »

Ben Roberts-Smith was on his fifth tour of Afghanistan, when on 11 June 2010 he was involved in his Victoria Cross action. During an operation to hunt for a senior Taliban commander, in the Kandahar province, Roberts-Smith took part in an assault against an enemy fortification, exposing his own position in order to draw fire away from members of his patrol who were pinned down. Fighting at close range, he stormed two enemy machine-gun posts and silenced them. His citation in the Commonwealth of Australia Gazette notes that "his selfless actions in circumstances of great peril served to enable his patrol to break into the enemy's defences and to regain the initiative ... resulting in a tactical victory."
CPL Benjamin Roberts-Smith VC, MG with the Special Operations Task Group, prepares to deploy to the Shah Wali Kot Offensive.
CPL Benjamin Roberts-Smith VC, MG with the Special Operations Task Group, moves away from a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter during preperation of the Shah Wali Kot Offensive.

zest85

Post by zest85 »

Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith appears pensive after the action in which he won the Victoria Cross. Many of the pictures taken by Australian soldiers have been censored. Picture: Department of Defence
It is now routine for pictures and video to be taken on the front line. Picture: Department of Defence
Weapons captured by Afghan National Security Forces and Australian Special Forces during the Shah Wali Kot Offensive. Picture: Department of Defence
Bags of wet opium confiscated by Afghan National Security Forces and Australian Special Forces during the Shah Wali Kot Offensive. Picture: Department of Defence
Corporal Roberts-Smith signals to local government officials as they move away from a Blackhawk helicopter during operations in Northern Oruzgan province, neighbouring Kandahar.

zest85

Post by zest85 »

SGT Neil Spackman, kitted out with body armour, helmet and rifle, on patrol in the area of Tarin Kot, Uruzgan as part of winter operations. Sergeant Neil Spackman is the last ‘Nasho,’ or National Servicemen, to have served with the Special Forces in Afghanistan. He has recently returned home from a deployment with the Special Operations Task Group (SOTG) in Afghanistan, mentoring security forces and conducting population centric operations in enemy territory.
SGT Neil Spackman stands in front of a Bushmaster in Tarin Kot during his winter deployment to Afghanistan.

Немного инфы про этого знатного дядьку. Его история впечатляет.
Drawing on years of SF experience SGT Neil Spackman recently returned home from a deployment with SOTG in Afghanistan as the last National Serviceman to
serve with special forces.
Sgt Spackman was called up in 1971 at age 20. With the withdrawal from Vietnam already under way, he was spared from a deployment to the South-East Asian theatre.
“It would have been a great experience to go and do what we had trained so hard to do, but it wasn’t to be,” he said. “Sometimes you want to be careful what you wish for.”
Attempting SASR selection in 1972, Sgt Spackman was one of three successful candidates in a field of 30. After qualifying, he was posted to 3 Sabre Sqn, L Tp, where he served until 1973 when major changes in the regiment shifted him to 1 Sqn, C Troop, to hone unconventional, guerrilla and special warfare skills.
In 1975, Sgt Spackman discharged to spend some time back on the family farm at Wellington, but a year later he applied to go back to the SASR.
“They told me I had to pass selection again, and I did,” he said.
He was posted back to 3 Sqn, L Tp and promoted to corporal in 1978. He then joined 1 Sqn in a newly forged counter-terrorism team, trained by the British SAS.
As a senior NCO, Sgt Spackman was posted to the Special Warfare cell in Perth as an instructor.
Transferring to the ARes, Sgt Spackman worked as an instructor with 1 Cdo Regt and SASR on a part-time basis.
In 2003, he deployed to East Timor as personal security for the UN Deputy Commander.
Four years later, he became an assessor for SASR selection. In August last year, while on a selection course, he received a phone call from the OC of 1 Cdo Coy, in charge of the main operational group for SOTG’s winter rotation. “He wanted to know
whether I would be interested in joining a company on their tour in Afghanistan, I said ‘pick me’ before the OC finished his sentence,” Sgt Spackman said.
His four-month tour started in late November and his main role was to mentor elements of the local security force including the Provincial Response Company Uruzgan, a subunit of the Afghan National Police.
“We were training them in the techniques they required to conduct and plan their own operations and honing their skills in the field,” he said.
“They’re continually improving; the more training and operational experience they get, the more professional they become.”
With his successful tour of Afghanistan over, Sgt Spackman will now spend more time with his family, but will also continue to support SASR on a part-time basis.
“I’ve served for so long because of the people I work with and the pleasure I get when I teach people what I know. I love the Army and I love the regiment.
“I’m proud to have served most of my career with the SASR, but I’m equally proud to say I was a Nasho.”

Ссылка на статью о его участии в ротации в Army The solddiers newspaper от 14 апреля 2011, 1256 выпуск.
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews ... 6/1256.pdf

zest85

Post by zest85 »

Фото из блога бойца SASR, служившего с Джейсоном Брауном, Блейном Диддамсом и Джошуа Портером . На фото он и его сослуживец.

Там же фото его татухи с браслетом в память о погибших сослуживцах и следующая инфа.
Just wanted to let you know I have received my Memorial Bracelet, thank you very much. It is just what I wanted to remeber my mates with. I have attached some photos as asked and will give you a little back ground on them. The first is my mate and I on new years eve with our Memorial Braclets on in front of our American TF apaches. The second is my Memorial Bracelet on my arm with our flag showing against my Tattoo.

Ссылка на блог: http://www.whywear.com/2013/01/for-mate ... orter.html

zest85

Post by zest85 »

Например на этой фото Дональдсон сприодет в Crye Precision Jumpeble Plate Carrier.

Где же вы, SASRы??! :geek: :geek: :geek:

Return to “Photo & Video”